• I create a tub of cool down cubes as seen in the picture.
• When I see a child with known behavioral issues becoming stressed or agitated, I place this on their desk.
• The student then takes a cube and carries out the recommended action.
• Hopefully over time the student becomes familiar with all the suggestions on the cubes, and is able to calm themselves down without it.
• I can give the student the cubes without disrupting the overall flow of my lesson.
• The student independently can choose a solution to their problem.
• Over time the student learns the self-control techniques and would no longer require the cubes.
• It is non-confrontational.
• I can ask other teachers for ideas to write on the cubes.
• Go for a walk
• Stop & Think
• Ask for help
• Count to ten
• Write it down
• Walk away
• Go outside
• Take a timeout
• Deep breathe
• Play sport
• Squeeze stress ball
• Talk it out
• Draw & Color
• Click the floating live chat icon and the bottom right of this page to ask questions, provide feedback or recommend cube text
To make this you will need…
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reusable ice cubes
Clear plastic jar
NEW - Vehicle Prints
All Vehicle Prints from The Magic Crayons come with seven high-resolution professional image files at 300-dpi, ready for printing in most popular sizes. Themes include
- Boats and Ships
Free Car Print
- No physical items will be shipped
- These are files for you to print